About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Challenge

Some of you may know what a blog challenge is and some of you may not.  There are so many out there in the blog-o-sphere and I try to participate in the ones that I think I can do and the ones that mean something to me.

The new Freeze yer buns challenge starts tomorrow.  I did this one last year and this year, I am doing it again.  I pledge to keep the temperature in the house at 58 during the day (when we aren't home) and at 60-62 when we are home.  If Nonni can ever come back here to our home, then the temp will skyrocket, but that will be about it.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), this is an extremely easy challenge for me - I would do it anyway.

I just finished with the hang em dry challenge.  For the month of October, we were challenged to hang our clothes outside or on an inside rack and NOT use the dryer.  If my boys weren't here and if I got to the wash before my hubby, I hung the clothes outside or inside on the rack.  If someone else did the laundry, the dryer was used.  All in all, I think it was a successful challenge though.  It made everyone in the family stop and think about dryer/electricity use........and that in and of itself, is a success.  

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

You go, girl! I can do the 58 while at work, but in the evening my well-intentioned 62 creeps up to about 66 when those winds howl. I'll be rootin' for you and all other challeng-ees. Best wishes!