About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, July 2, 2010

Stuffed Cabbage

I tried another new recipe: Stuffed Cabbage

I got the recipe off line and the cabbage was from the CSA

Cabbage leaves - I probably used about 18
Ground beef - almost three lbs.
Rice - 2 cups (uncooked)
Eggs - 4
Seasonings - whatever I liked, garlic salt, pepper
Sauce - I used my homemade meat sauce, but the recipe called for plain tomato sauce or tomato juice

Very gently cooked the cabbage leaves - I threw them in boiling water, shut off the water and scooped them out in about 2 minutes.  Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl.  Take a handful of the meat mixture, place in the center of the par-cooked cabbage leave, roll it up and tuck in the sides (like you are making a wrap).  This made 18 and I am cooking them in two Pyrex Dishes.

I poured the sauce over both trays and cooked on a low oven (300) for about 1 hours, took off the foil and then 325 degrees for another hour or so.

I don't eat them, as I don't eat meat, but the kids and the hubby ate them up, so I guess they were good!!
I am thinking about trying them with a meat substitute..........

No comments: