About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The holidays...

I got through Christmas....

That doesn't sound like fun does it.  I didn't enjoy it, I didn't participate in it, but I got through it.  I figured I had to get through the first two major holidays without my dad and once I did that, it would be better.  And it is.

Thanksgiving was extremely tough.  Christmas was easier.  I just tried not to think about it and kept my mind on other things.  Keeping busy seems to work.

So, two holidays down and one to go (Easter).  It is getting easier, but it will never be easy.

I'm already thinking about how to make next year's holidays better - I think they have to be different to be better.  Not the same old, same old.  I love traditions, but I need to change it up......

Maybe somewhere different, maybe something different to eat, maybe new people....

I don't know.  I'll figure it out!

So, I guess I just needed to get this out.

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

The first holidays without a special person is tough. Being with family helps strengthen everyone. Not sure I'm expressing this right, but my heartfelt wishes are there for you. Lost my dad almost 30 years ago, and still long for those Christmas Eve family dinners with him at the head of the table.

Best wishes always!

Anonymous said...

The first holidays are the hardest - they do get easier as they come along. You are right - you need to change them up a little and make your own new traditions while keeping some of the very special ones. Maryanne