About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Three Bean Chicken Chili

I made a pot of chili yesterday.  It was a perfect day for it to cook in the crock pot.  The temperatures were freezing and when it gets this cold, you need something to warm you up!!

I may have posted this recipe a long time ago, but I love it because it is easy and all you do is drop all the ingredients into the crockpot.

2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
Three cans of beans (whatever you have - I used light red kidney beans, regular kidney beans and chick peas)
2 cup of cooked, diced chicken - You should probably use more, but that is what I had
3 cups of chicken stock
1 can diced tomatoes. (I used 1/2 of a quart that i had canned this past summer)
Chili Powder
Cumin

Cook on low all day!!  I added some cooked rice, right at the end because this batch was a little thin! 



1 comment:

Nancy said...

I have some chicken to use... this might be in the weekend plans!