About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I've been busy....This full time life is kicking my butt (to be blunt!)....

I love my life, but can't wait for my mini-vacation at the end of April......I need Naples, Florida. 

The top of the chimney is cracked and water has been leaking down the walls of the fireplace into the fireplace and down into the basement...It is crazy, but the mason is coming today.  I hope he can fix it.  We have been inserting cardboard and towels into the fireplace to stop the flow and it is working.  However, I think some damage has already been done.  My husband wrapped a tarp around the top of the chimney yesterday.  We have been inundated with rain for days (weeks???). 

We had the electrician install a new light in the kitchen!  My kitchen is long and one side had no light near the stove.....What a difference!  It's like a brand new kitchen.  I'm very happy (little things make me happy)!

The baby chicks came in last Thursday - six black sex-linked hens.  They are so adorable and they are all doing wonderful, under my dad's watchful eye.  He will get three and I will get three. 

I signed up for my CSA for the summer.  I'm going with a different farm this year and am looking forward to the weekly adventure of planning my meals around my box!!!!! 

Only one more CCD Class (none in April......very strange) but the last one is in May. 

I am writing up the invitations for my son's college graduation party this week.  We are having it a a Beach Pavilion (where we had my other son's high school graduation).  It worked out great, so here's hoping for the same result!!! 

Lots of church this week.  I'm taking Nonni to Holy Thursday mass, Good Friday service at 3:00 and then Easter Morning, we will put on our bonnets and head to a beautiful mass.  I'm also checking with my sister to see if she is attending sunrise services this year....She has gone for the past two years and it has been awe-inspiring and I really want to go.  I don't care if I have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning!(??)

The hens are laying beautifully - I get three eggs a day.  This weekend, I will turn over the garden and plant the peas, that should have been planted already.  I just haven't had time. 

My middle son got a job for the summer - Praise the Lord!  So he will be working part time and has his internship at Quinnipiac University part time to make a full time summer........

PS - can't wait for chocolate on Easter morning.........................

No comments: