About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Apricot Chicken

This used to be a family favorite recipe.  When my life changed and I moved back home many years ago, I forgot all about it and I know I haven't made it since I bought my new house, so it has been close to 10 years since I made this recipe. But it's so easy and so good.  It is sort of a Sweet/Sour Dish.

Apricot Chicken

1 Package of chicken (I usually use breasts, but use what ever you like - it should be skinless - I used five breasts - bone in)
1 jar of Apricot Preserves
1 bottle of Wish bone Italian Dressing (use whatever brand you like) 8 oz.
1 Lipton Onion Soup Mix Package Dry

Method:

Put Preserves, Dressing and Lipton onion soup mix package in a bowl.  Stir it up!

Put Chicken in a 9 x 13 pan, pour dressing mixture over everything. 

Cover with foil tightly for one hour at 350 degrees.  Uncover, baste the chicken with the dressing mixture and let cook a little longer (15 minutes) until it browns up a little.  I raised the oven temp. to 375 for the last 15 minutes. 

Serve with rice and salad. 

So easy and so good!

Tomorrow, I will post a variation on this recipe - I just made it and it was great also!

No comments: