About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Out of the loop...

I'm in college prep mode, prom season mode and cheerleading competition season (all for my daughter), so I have been out of the loop and out of the blog-o-sphere lately.  (and I am trying to practice for a new Zumba session)!  Life is full, that is for sure!

Update:  Hope went to visit Towson University in MD - she loved it!  We called the next day to ask a question regarding her major and they told her that the major has been discontinued!!!  WTF!   We are still trying to process that one.  She can go with another major (similar) but seriously....WTF!

I just made reservations to go to Campbell University in NC to visit that school.  We will flly in to Raleigh very early in the morning and fly out the same night - should be an interesting event!

Waiting for the colleges to decide whether they will give her financial aid is another farce....and we still never heard from one college - even though her high school has repeatedly called them to make sure they have everything.......

Prom shopping was interesting - we only had to go to three stores and she got one.  The dress that she will wear for the second prom, she will borrow!  Yeah!  

Her team came in third out of twelve teams in the first competition.  We have our next competition this Friday night, then another on Saturday afternoon.  And then another next Saturday afternoon......she keeps me on my toes....

I'll be back once we get through the next couple of weeks......

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Sounds like you are very busy! I was a cheerleader myself and I even coached for a number of years. I love it but I always felt bad for the parents. As a participant or a coach the competitions aren't too bad. But sitting as a spectator must be quite the experience! She is lucky to have you there to support her. Good luck with the college search and acceptance, the cheerleading and everything else going on in your world!

TheYvetteRene said...

Just out of curiosity... what does your daughter want to major in that they have discontinued?