About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Pear Tree

I was able to can five quarts of pear sauce last week.  Last night, I was able to can two more quarts and there are still pears on the tree!   We gave away tons of them because I just don't have the time to process them all.

My friend Kathy made six pints of countryside pear jelly.  My neighbor was going to make pear sauce and my other neighbor just wanted them to eat!  They are really delicious and I'm told they could be seckel pears?  This photo is not mine, but this is what they look like and they are a smaller variety.



My brother wants some to try to make a pear wine!   I hope he has the opportunity soon.  They pears will all be off the tree within another week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria, The pear jam is absolutely delicious! I think it is our new favorite. Next time I drive by your house I will drop off a jar. Thanks again! Kathy

Haddock said...

Pear makes good wine (I have tasted it and its wonderful)