About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Foraging

My brother Chris went mushroom hunting again last week.  Whenever he finds an abundance, I become the bearer of wonderful mushrooms!!!

Last week, he got maitake mushrooms.  They grown in a large cluster, similar to the chicken of the woods (orange) variety that he sometimes gives me.  They were huge and I cooked them up with peppers and onions!  Hopefully this week, I plan on getting a couple of steaks to cook with the mushrooms, peppers and onions, but the price of beef (and everything else) has been so high!  Is it like that everywhere??


No comments: