About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, May 17, 2010

CSA and local chickens.

So.....I have paid for 1/2 of my CSA already!!!  It starts the first week of June - I'm so excited for it this year!  I have found a new farm and my dad and I went to visit on Saturday.  Guess what I bought at my new farm???  Two meat chickens....so guess what I had for dinner yesterday?  Yup, my first taste of meat in a long time.  It was so very good.  This farmer butchers every Friday and you can pick up your meat chickens on Saturdays.

So, my husband asked "How much was the chicken?" (I bought two by the way).  But I wouldn't tell him. They were a little pricey.  But I know where these beautiful birds pecked the ground, I know how they were fed and I know that I would have treated them the same way, so it is all good.  Yes, I'm still a vegetarian, with a little bit of "local" chicken on the side.....

No comments: