About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, June 28, 2012

CSA Week #4

It's week four of the CSA!

Here is our share for Friday:

Full Share:

2 bunches of collard greens

1 bunch of kale

4 lbs zucchini & yellow squash

2 greenhouse cucumbers

2 heads of lettuce

2 kohlrabi

1 bunch of radishes

1 bunch of hakurei salad turnips

1 head of cabbage

1/2 lb bag of asian salad/braising mix

1 oregano and 1 thyme plant


I have been using everything over the last three weeks and if I couldn't use it right away, I par-cooked it and froze it (collards and escarole).  I am dying for escarole and beans and hope to be cooking up a bunch of stuff on Sunday, namely escarole and making two big pots of sauce - Meat and Marinara.  I am looking forward to making zucchini squares this week too (thank you, Maryanne). 


No comments: