About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Wild Animals

Five days ago, three baby feral kittens were born in my yard to one of the feral cats in the neighborhood.  Many litters have been born under my front steps because there is a perfect place for them away from the elements and under cool cement.  The mom cat is so skinny, so I have been leaving dog food and water for her every day and she has been eating it.

Yesterday, we had rain storms that were quite heavy (which we needed!).  So last night, as my hubby was going to let the dog out (at 8:40 pm), he stopped himself because there was a skunk eating the wet dog food that was left over.  As we watched the skunk eating, her baby skunk came along (at least we think its her baby) and was eating our lawn.

Last week, we caught the raccoon.  This week, two skunks in the front yard, along with the feral cat with three babies.  I have no idea what to expect next.  I would like it to be a deer so I can have some venison....

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Oh, no! Keep an eye out for those skunks...there may be more babies nearby. I've seen up to four babies in a skunk litter. (Better have your baking soda mixture ready in case your dog "surprises" momma skunk!) Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they were just passing through.