About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Races/Walks

I haven't been doing too much walking or running lately with the cold temperatures and the amount of snow that is still on our roads.  Some places on my street are still only one lane passable, so I prefer to be indoors where it is safer. 

However, there is a road race coming up in a few weeks, always held on Good Friday.  It is a cancer benefit walk/run 5K.  I'll be doing it for the first time this year in the afternoon.  And in the morning on Good Friday, there is a beautiful Faith Walk with my brother's church that follows the stations of the cross all over town.  It is a few miles long and very inspirational.  Two walks/runs in one day!

Here is a photo of my sister and myself at our last race on Thanksgiving.  I had forgot that a friend had taken the picture after the race and my sister found it online.

Spring can't come quick enough - I need to get some vitamin D!

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing the Faith Walk or the Cancer Benefit Walk on March 29th!!

No comments: