About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Where does one put 3 feet of snow?

That is the question of the day!

I wish I could have video taped my son plowing through three feet of snow at the top of the driveway at 11:30 last night - it should have been in a commercial!

We shoveled and snow-blew from 11:30 to 1:00.  My son and hubby stayed out until 3:00 am to snow-blow the top of the driveway by the road (however, there is three feet of snow from the plow at the top of the driveway right now).  They got the driveway done, but my front steps are totally unpassable.  This morning, I knew I had to take care of the chickens - animals were the first priority.  I was able to shovel out a very small area for them, give them food and water, but that is all they are going to get today.

 The dog can't make it through!
 My back door. I have two steps down off of my slider.  As you can see the drift is another foot over the stepsl

 My mailbox - up to the box itself!



 a photo of my leg trudging through!
 Shoveling out the inside the coop - you can see the hen watching me from the closed up area.
 The coop before I started shoveling it out.

 My home from the back chicken coop area - I walked through it to get to the coop.

 My arborvitae can't take the weight of the snow..
 A four foot wall of snow near the front of my house from the snow blower last night!
 Taking the dog out at 6:45 in the morning.
Here are some pictures.  This is my front stair case - totally covered and impassable.

They are saying Milford, CT was the hardest hit.  38 inches!   We have a minimum of  30, probably 33 or 34 but with the blowing, there is no way to measure it!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Glad to hear you're safe, even if snowed in. I love the photo of your chicken watching you shovel! It's adorable.

I won't be going anywhere this weekend. We're completely snowed in. Time to do some baking :)