About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The last of Phil

I can't believe that I can finally cross Groundhog Day off of my bucket list!  It has been a dream of mine (and my brothers) since the movie came out!  (and this is the 20th anniversary of the movie!)  Where did that time go!!??

As I said in my first "Phil" post, I recommend that everyone get to see the hoopla of Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney.  We were told that the phenomena had grown from 1000 people before the movie to now 25,000 to 30,000 people 20 years later!!!!  Because this year was on a weekend, more people came!  And here is another fact....We met people who lived in Punxsutawney for years and have never been to the Knob.  People come from "everywhere else" to see it.  And I believe this is because of the movie!  The Inner Circle "Men" are an elite group of about 20 men who "take care" of the Phil.  Putting on this whole Day takes months and months of preparation for these men.  They wear their tuxes and top hats all day.  We saw a few of them downtown, walking around talking to the people.




No comments: