About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, October 21, 2013

Remember, we plan......

As I have said before, I know that when we plan, God laughs.....

He had a good laugh this weekend!

Hubby went away with friends to Pittsburgh to watch the Steelers.  I had to work this weekend and take care of the dog - that is usually his job (I take care of the hens!).  For those who know me, you know I'm not a dog  person...NOT!

On Saturday, I found three ticks on the dogs!  Three!   Cyrus has not had a tick all summer....literally!   So my son helped me get all three off of Cyrus.  On Sunday morning at six am, Cyrus wakes me up to go outside.  My PLAN for this Sunday was to get up with the dog, take care of the chickens and then go back to bed and get some much needed sleep!   I let the dog outside and of course, what did he decide to run into, but a skunk!   And I have none of the necessary supplies on hand to wash him.  (And my son is conveniently working the night shift and going straight to play golf!)  So I had to wait until seven o'clock AM, when ShopRite opens to go get more baking soda and Dawn and more hydrogen peroxide.  I just didn't have enough!  I got all my other shopping for the week done also (which will be the subject of my next blog!).

I got back home around eight and had to give the dog a bath outside.  It isn't that cold here yet, so I'm thankful for that.

But I'm laughing with you, God!  I have to remember, I can't plan......

No comments: