About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, February 28, 2014

1/2 Pig and Chili recipe

I bought a 1/2 pig this week.  This is our second one!  The first one was wonderful and it lasted a while, so we thought we would order another.  This 1/2 pig was 130 lbs.!

Two hams, two pork roasts, lots of bacon, sausage (never enough for me), spare ribs, hocks, pigs feet, back fat (for salt pork), ham steaks, pork chops and other cuts that I can't remember! 

I make a sausage chili in the crock pot that is so easy!

Ingredients:

4 lbs. sausage (not links)
1 jar of salsa (I use homemade)
1 large can diced tomatoes (or crushed if that is all you have)
1 large onion, chopped
3 tbsp. garlic minced
two cans of beans drained (whatever type you have - I use kidney beans)
chili powder to taste
cumin to taste
whatever spices you like!

Method:

Brown the sausage on the stove top (this is the only real work)
Place sausage into crock pot
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 4-5 hours

Dinner is served!!

So good! and I like it a little better than using ground beef!  

No comments: