About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, January 26, 2015

Blizzard 2015

Monday, January 26th, 2015

We woke up to a 20 degree morning and headed off to work early.  I got in at 7:45 instead of 8:30 just to get a jump on things.  We had an early dismissal at 1:00.  Hubby came to pick us up.  It was snowing, but only about an inch or two of accumulation!  We took my niece home and then took the trips back to our house.  Hubby had to go back to work until four.  The trips played outside with the dog for about 45 minutes until they were too cold and then they came in for some soup!  My brother-in-law came and got the trips about 45 minutes later and then I made dinner.  Rick was home (sleeping) until the trips woke him up.  The snow had stopped by this time, for about an hour.  It started snowing again around dinner time.  I got the text that Dom finally made it home and I breathed easy that my family was safe!  However, Rick had to go to work for 11:00 so he decided to go to his friends house and hang out there - his friend only lives a few blocks from work, so he could actually walk to work if he had to.  The news stated that it would start ramping up at 2-4 inches per hour at about 8:00 pm.  However, by 9:00, it was still really light.  Hubby and I went out about 9:30 and shoveled about three inches off the patio, stairs and driveway.  The temperature at 10:30 pm is now 23 degrees and the news says it is going to get bad soon.  I feel like they are back pedaling a little.  At six o'clock, they said we were getting 18 to 25 inches with bands of 30 inches.  At 10:30, the weather(wo)men changed it to 15 to 25 inches, no bands.  So we shall see.  They said the wind would be 25 to 30 miles per hour with gusts up to 50 mph.  I heard one gust earlier, but while we were outside for about an hour, there were no gusts.  Now they are saying it is going to ramp up about 1:00 am.....

to be continued.......

No comments: