About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, June 28, 2013

CSA Week #4

Here is what I am getting from the CSA:


Full share for Week 4 of the CSA:
1 jar of salsa
1 bunch of Dandelion greens
2 Kohlrabi
1 head of lettuce
1 bunch of hakurei turnips and radishes
1 bunch of green onions
1 bunch of Swiss chard or 1 head of bok choy
2 lbs. zucchini
1 greenhouse cucumber
1 bunch of beets
1 head of escarole
1/2 lb. bag of Salanova
Some notes:
Salanova is a type of lettuce!
The Jar of Salsa is from the peppers, tomatoes and jalapenos from the farm from last year.   There is a local sauce and salsa manufacturer and the farm sent them their excess produce last year to make into salsa for this year, so we get to reap some of the bounty.  I will give it to my sister as I make my own salsa, but I told her I want to taste it!   

ETA: Bonus - Edamame!  Andrea took that!  And we traded in the dandelion greens for another cuke!  


No comments: