About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Duck Race

This weekend was our local Duck Race.  You purchase a duck in a raffle (for $5.00) and then the ducks race down the Housatonic River.

They sold 2300 Duck Tickets and then a payloader dumps them in the river!  (I didn't get a picture of this, but you can see the payloader in the upper right hand corner of the next picture and the yellow blob is the 2300 ducks!
After the ducks are dumped, they start to flow down stream.
Here, they are going downstream!
They end up in a boon and the firemen collect them!  The first 65 ducks win prizes.  This year, my brother-in-laws boss won the $1000.00 top prize!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I wish you had won the prize Maria. :)