About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, August 22, 2014

CSA #10

Since my sister went away for the weekend, she gave me the whole CSA again.  She will take the whole thing next weekend!

Let's talk about tomatoes...

One box of cherry tomatoes, 3 lbs. of heirloom tomatoes (all different types), 3 lbs of regular beefsteak style tomatoes - these were all in the regular CSA - and then they had a table out back with cherry tomatoes and bruised regular tomatoes (and heirloom) and you could take your pick!!  So I Did!!

The picture below is missing all the bruised tomatoes and one head of lettuce, but here is what I got:
six garlic, all those tomatoes (I will be canning tomatoes on Sunday afternoon!), six sweet red/green peppers, two heads of lettuce, one huge bunch of swiss chard (yeah!), two eggplant, one cucumber, one zucchini, one yellow squash and I traded my kale for another yellow squash!  

No comments: