About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Deer Stew and lots of food prep.

My dad had given me a ton of deer meat last year. Some I had given to the boys for college and this week, I took out 1/2 a package (it was huge) and made a deer stew. Even though I am a vegetarian, I will eat meat, that I know has no hormones and was killed properly.

The last time I made deer stew (same deer) it was gamey. This time it came out simply awesome. I am not sure why it was so good this time around (well, I sort of know why), but I only had one bowl and then gave the rest to the boys for school......I wish I kept some!

Today, I came home from work and threw on a pot of Turkey Soup, we had the carcass from last week. It just finished cooking so I'll debone the carcass and take out all the veggies tomorrow night. Last night I had fried up a ton of eggplant and made Marinara sauce, so just now, I put everything together and made a tray of eggplant parmagiana for dinner tomorrow (my daughter is psyched).

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Oh, there's some good cooking going on at your house!
Deer stew is one thing I've missed since being back in CT. I'll have to ask some northern friends to save some meat for me next year....

Farmer's Daughter said...

I'd love to get your recipe! I've had great venison stew and gamey, but never made it. My hunter hasn't been hunting lately, but he's been practicing with a bow and I'd like to have a recipe just in case!