About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, January 4, 2010

Home Made...

I made another batch of detergent last night, using a slightly different recipe. I am going to keep trying recipes, until I love the recipe (sounds like the Walton's, but I mean a totally different recipe :) )

This one was with Ivory Soap and the last batch was with Fels Naptha. This batch had a little less Borax. We will see how it works. The last batch worked great, but I think I like the smell of the Ivory better......It gelled (sp?) up beautifully. I'll add a picture later!


It was a snowy, cold day. I took Nonni to church and then home for dinner. My mother-in-law came over too. We had a nice Sunday afternoon, but they left early, because the weather was just iffy all day.

I started another afghan yesterday. I am going to make this one for Bruno (one of the trips) for next year's Christmas gift. I figure if I start now, I'll finish by then...........

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Lol, I've been thinking about starting next year's gifts now, too! I have to make 2 baby afghans for folks at work first.

I stopped grating soap into my borax/washing soda mix. I must have just gotten used to it. Now it just smells *clean* to me.

Hope you did well on the CPR exam, for your teaching. Best wishes!