About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, February 15, 2010

Houston......We have eggs!!!!

After almost three months (and many thoughts of having roast chicken for Sunday dinner), my very beautiful hens are laying again.  When we got the hens in September, they were young and wouldn't start laying until about November, but it got so cold so fast, they never started laying.....so, they have begun now.  Let's hope it continues.  Homemade Biscuits (left over from Yesterday's strawberry shortcakes) with scrambled eggs for morning.......Delicious!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Congratulations on the next step in self-sufficiency!

I'm anxiously watching for your post on that soup your father makes! I love family recipes.