About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, July 14, 2014

Newport....the good, the bad and the ugly

We took a day trip to Newport, RI to visit the hubby's family who are on vacation!

The good:  it ended up being a beautiful day, walking around downtown, having lunch on one of the marinas and then coming back to the condo to sit by the pool and soak up some sun.  We cooked dinner in and enjoyed the time watching the the World Cup!

The bad:  We pulled into Newport into one of the parking lots next to the condo where the family was staying and a huge truck did NOT look in the rearview mirrors or side mirrors.  The girl was collecting the fee for the parking lot at my drivers side door and the truck proceeded to back up!  As we are shouting for them to stop, the young girl jumped out of the way and the truck hit my door.  He literally almost smashed the girl between his truck and my Sorrento!    

The ugly:  As we were screaming to the driver to stop, I put out my arm to stop the truck out my window (like I could stop a truck!!!???) and ended up with a huge black and blue from my elbow to my shoulder!   My arm is sore, but otherwise, no one was injured!  But I will need a new door!


1 comment:

TheYvetteRene said...

OMG, Maria! So sorry to hear about what happened. Someone did that to me once, but I was in a rental car. It's very scary and is so preventable. What's wrong with people??