About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vegetarian

I have been thinking about becoming a vegetarian again. I was one for about 4-5 years back in the early 90's. I stopped because I got pregnant and was having some difficulty gaining weight and my doctor suggested to eat meat, so I did and ended up having a perfect pregnancy.

Anyway, I've been getting back to organic and getting back to nature and the next progression is vegetarianism...Back in the late 80's, I read the book, The Gradual Vegetarian, from the library. I gradually became a vegetarian. I recently bought the same book from half.com and re-read it. It seems a little dated but the premise is the same. I am doing it gradually and hope to stop eating meat by the end of the month. I will eat fish (occasionally), cheese and (my) eggs so I'm not sure what that really makes me!

Looking forward to new recipes and new flavors......

No comments: