About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2nd Cow

This weekend, my brother and I both picked up a 1/6th share of a grass-fed, locally farmed cow (from our CSA farm).  We each got over 108 lbs of meat, plus he took all the liver packages (4) and I got the heart.  (which was huge!)

This is the 2nd time I have purchased this and the meat is really so good.  It was $4.00 per lb. for the whole thing and you get every cut imaginable.  T-Bones, Porterhouse, Rib eyes, hamburg, London broil, small roasts, minute steaks, etc, etc.  Soup bones and shanks will be saved for the winter.  We had hamburgs on the grill last night.  They were delicious.

If you decide to do this, make sure you have freezer room.  We have a small stand up freezer and it takes up about 1/2.

No comments: