About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One door closes....

...and another opens!

I have been teaching Zumba for well over a year now at a facility (one mile from home) at a condo complex, two times per week.  Because there is no handicapped entrance at this facility, I have been told I can no longer teach there and they kindly gave me three weeks to finish up.  I am still at my other facility twice a week. 

I never thought I would be effected by the ADA, and yet, there it is.  I was sad (upset), but now I realize that I have two evenings each week to start running again.  I have signed up for the New Haven Road Race (my Labor Day tradition for about nine years now) and maybe I can get a good time posted if I can run for the next month! 

So I have lost two classes of Zumba, but took on one more Zumba session at my regular facility and now I can start running too!  It is a win-win-win situation! 

(I'm still really sad, though)....I'll miss all the ladies (friends) that I have come to know!    :(

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Invite them over and zumba in the driveway? :) The neighbors would love it.