About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, July 29, 2011

CSA #9

I am not able to pick up our CSA today, so a friend is picking it up for us and my sister is going to separate the box this week.  Here is what we will be getting and the only thing I know that I'm NOT getting is the corn.  My sister gaveall the corn to me last week and it really was divine (white and yellow kernels and so sweet!).  So she gets it this week.  I'm hoping that I get the cabbage and the eggplant, though! 
Full Share:

6 ears of sweet corn
4 lbs of yellow squash and zucchini
4 lbs of cucumbers (slicing and kirby)
2 lbs of red potatoes
1 lb onions
1 lb beans (green or yellow)
1 head of cabbage
1 large eggplant
1 bunch hakurei salad turnips
1 bunch kale (curly or toscano)


We are in the middle of 'squash' season!    I have some from my mom's garden, my own garden AND the CSA.  Needless to say, I am freezing it, too (I just grate and freeze)!  It's all good and there are so many great recipes out there.....Zucchini Chocolate Cake is up next! 

ETA: (I made the Zucchini Chocolate Cake Wednesday morning - it was really good and I got a lot of praise for it at Wednesday night dinner).  (I will try to post the recipe this weekend!)

No comments: