About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, July 18, 2011

I never go out to the movies...

...it's just a fact..  But my daughter and I have been waiting ever so patiently for the last installment of Harry Potter.  We picked tonight (Monday) at 8:35, so that I could teach my class and then eat dinner and then actually go to the movie theatre and get home in time to at least get some sleep...

So Elizabeth buys the tickets early in the day (thinking that it is going to be busy) and we get there 1/2 hour early, (thinking it is going to be full).  Well, we were the first ones in the place and then people started to come in....at 8:35, we get a text from Emily (a good friend who just happens to be working the popcorn stand), that there is a problem!  There is no sound and there is only a continual commercial on the screen!  At 8:45, we get another text from her (from the lobby), the manager is up in the booth and is working on the problem!  People are getting restless....It's Harry Potter, the final episode, we have been WAITING!

At 8:55, a young girl worker comes into our room and says, we can either wait for the next show, or get passes for another night or just hang around to see if this one starts......Well we decide to get passes for another day.....so we have to wait in the lobby for the manager (who is still up in the sound booth trying to get the movie to work!)  At 9:05, the young girl worker says, I'll just give you your money back.....and then you can come whenever you want.....so, we get our money and go back home.....No Harry, no movie, not even a popcorn (I wasn't hungry).....and that is why I don't go to the movies!

Maybe Wednesday!???

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I haven't been to the movies in at least 20 years. I figure it'll be on HBO soon enough for me.

Sorry your evening got ruined. You'll just be that much more excited the next time. :)