About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weeding and gardens

To those of you with gardens, are the weeds totally out of control this year????  I have weeds everywhere and because I can't wear gardening gloves to weed, my hands and nails are just atrocious!  I have weeds coming up through my patio pavers for the first time this year!  I think it must be all the rain we received in the spring.

Anywooo, my personal rapsberry bush is doing well (nothing like my mother-in-law PYO, but it is okay! ) The blueberry bush has been decimated by birds.  I had hundreds of green unripe blueberries out there one day and two days later, they were all gone.....

The flowers are just beautiful this year, roses, hydrangeas, peonies were beautiful, even the hostas and the star gazer lillies were spectacular!

So far, I have picked one cucumber and will be picking yellow squash within a week.  The tomato plants look great and there are a lot of green tomatoes, but nothing is ripe yet.  Usually by now, I have picked peas, but not this year, they are way behind.  Eggplant, peppers and broccoli are slow too!  I picked onions and garlic for the first time this year and got a good crop.  My herbs are spectacular.  I added chives this year to the rosemary, parsley, thyme and oregano. 

So, I guess it is a so-so year to date.  Some things are good and some aren't....

How does YOUR garden grow?

No comments: