About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Shark Week!

I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed to say that I have watched every Shark Week since it started many years ago.  I was watching it before it became the phenomena that it is today!  Shark Technology/Information/Life have come a long, long way!!!

I think I have been fascinated since I actually went to see the movie JAWS in the theatre in 1975 and then my family went to Cape Cod for two weeks.....Scared the bejesus out of my entire family.  It was tough to get in the water that year! 

I actually get annoyed when they are doing a new episode and they show people going into the cold water at 6:30 in the morning and these idiots are going surfing and they actually think they can outswim the sharks.....Really people!  Have you not watched any episodes of Shark Week.  It's feeding time at dawn and dusk!! 

Anyway, my hubby is deathly afraid of sharks and he knows more information than I do!!  He likes to know everything about them, so he can be assured he will never come face to face with one.  However, he is so afraid, that he won't even go in the water past his knees, so I think the point is moot! 

But it is so funny when I go in the water in the Gulf and hubby patrols from shore (just in case!).

Enjoy Shark Week - Discovery Channel this week!!!

No comments: