About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pears

This is my take from my pear tree this year.  Definitely not as many as last year, but they will do.  We picked them yesterday and I will start to process them tomorrow.  I think I'm just going to can them for pear pie for the winter time.  They are greenish brown with a slight red tinge to them....I have no idea what kind of pears they actually are?




If I get three quarts of pie filling, I'll be lucky!  But it is all good.  The Asian pears from my mom's house should be ready soon also!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Pretty pears, Maria :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Mmmmm, a fresh pie from (very) local pears! It doesn't get much better than that :)