In this batch, my husband made 73 bottles of wine. I did the the corking! (which is not an easy job). It took us about 2-1/2 hours to do all the bottling, corking, and cleaning, from start to finish, over two evenings.
This time he decided to try a Mixed Black - a combination of grapes which is very dark and not very expensive. The Mixed came out good. I will drink it, but it is not my favorite! He also decided to try a Zinfandel - a rose colored wine which also came out good and it is sweeter and is not as strong as the Mixed Black. The third one was a Barbera (we also made this one in the last batch). And this time the Barbera is the WINNER! It really came out excellent and even though our last Barbera came out great, this one is just better!
We haven't put the bottles on the wine shelves yet, as my brother said to keep them upright in the boxes for a day or two and then lay them down on the shelves (it has something to do with the corking).
Job well done, Thomas!
(He is doing another batch this month, so if anyone is still interested in learning and making wine, NOW is the time....let me know!)