About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry

I had purchased some organic chicken from my CSA and from a farm in Litchfield.  This weekend, we cooked up a whole one in the "Set it and Forget it" (Yes, the hubby actually bought that thing years ago, from TV and lo and behold, it works great and the whole house doesn't get heated up from the oven).

We only ate about 1/2 of the chicken (not even), and since I had so many veggies from the CSA, I made my chicken stir fry.  I love that this recipe will use anything that you have in the house.  I make it different every time.  Here is this weeks recipe:  And nothing is really measured....

Meat from 1/2 of a cooked chicken, (1/2  breast, thighs, 2 wings)
1 whole bok choy
Four cloves of garlic
Onion
Canola Oil
Soy sauce
carrots
kohlrabi (2)
Zucchini (a thin one)
Red Peppers
Salt and pepper to taste

Oil into the large frying pan (or wok) with chopped garlic and 1/2 of a vidallia onion (I would have used more, but I was out of onions).  Add thinly sliced peppers, bok choy with the leaves on, thinly sliced kohlrabi (I peeled it first), thinly sliced zucchini (all the vegetables cut on the diagonal).  I peeled the carrot and then put thinly sliced pieces into the pan and just simmered everything for at least 1/2 hour.  (probably a little longer).  I added the soy sauce and let it cook about 10 more minutes.  I added the chicken in and stirred it up.  In the meantime, I had made four cups of white rice (I am out of brown rice which I prefer).  Put one cup of rice on a plate, one scoop of the stir fry over the rice and enjoy.......You can use any veggies that you have: yellow squash, broccoli, collards, whatever.  Dinner is on the table in about 45 minutes from start to finish. 

No comments: