About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, July 9, 2010

CSA #6

Here is what I'll be getting today:


Half Share:

2 bunches of collards
1 1/2 lbs summer squash
1 head of garlic
1/3 lb leaf lettuce mix
1 lb of potatoes
1 bunch of bok choy
1 dozen eggs



She usually lets me switch out the dozen eggs for something else....Last time I got two bunches of broccoli.  I'm hoping I can swap it out again.  If not, my dad can use the eggs as his hens aren't laying yet (August, they should start).


The collards - I'll do the same thing as two weeks ago.....
The squash - I'm not sure - the last squash I got, I made Zucchini quiche which was awesome.  I'll have to post that recipe.
The bok choy - Stir fry - the kids loved it last time!  I made up that recipe as I went along, so I don't have a definite amount of anything!


I still have a cabbage from last week - so I'm making another dish of stuffed cabbages, because it was relatively easy and delicious!


We are eating salad like it is going out of style!  From both my garden and the CSA.  No complaints, though!!!!

No comments: