About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zucchini Quiche

With the abundunce of eggs that I have and the zucchini from the CSA, I have made this recipe three times in the last three weeks.  Once for a party and twice for the house and it goes very fast!

3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup Bisquick - I use I cup of flour, about 1 tsp. baking powder and a little salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 Tbls. chopped parsley
1/2 cup canola oil
4-5 eggs beaten
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan - I use a 9 x 9 and it comes up a little thicker.
Mix all ingredients and spread in the pan.
Bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).  Cool (or not) and cut into squares.

It is an easy dish to bring to a picnic.  It can be eaten hot or cold.  It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner....this is a no brainer and it is delicious.

My girlfriend Maryanne gave me this recipe about 10-12 years ago.  Good thing I know what goes into it as I can barely read the recipe card any more!  Thank you, Maryanne!!

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Ah, zucchini quiche sounds like a great idea for this weekend. Easy leftovers, wonderful! I'll try this recipe, thanks!

Maria said...

Enjoy!