About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, July 26, 2010

Reading

Reading has always been my passion.  I have loved the library since I got my first library card a long time ago....(maybe 40 years - wow).  Anyway, my passion has been on the back burner for far too long.  FAR TOO LONG.  There is so much that I want to read....My niece just got me started on the Debbie Macomber Number Series books - I don't even know how many numbers there are - I'm on page 200 of Number 1.  Then there is the Jennifer Chiaverini Quilt Series books that I want to start and then there are the 10 books under my bed given to me by different people that I just HAVE to read.  

So, I'm going to try to read a little every night, even if it is only 10 minutes.  And even if it's only my Country Woman magazine - which I'm behind two magazines (which is four months)!

And I'm going to try to read books that I will love.  I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns - since I loved, loved, loved the Kite Runner, I thought it would be nearly the same love.  Not even close.  Bummer!

So, if I start a book and I get to page 150, and I'm not INTO it yet......Then I'm going to stop and start something else.  I have 10 books under my bed, I 'm sure I'll LOVE some of them.....

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'm in total agreement with reading and the joy of a public library! I go through spells where I read a lot, and then don't. And subject matter varies.

If the weather cools down just a bit, I'm thinking about reading on the back deck in the evening.

What titles are waiting for you in that stash?