About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pear Sauce Muffin Tops

I made this recipe this past weekend.  It actually came out exactly like the picture here. http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/01/top-of-muffin-to-you.html

They were delicious with a cup of coffee or tea.  I changed it up a little as I am not a complete vegetarian, in that I do eat eggs, so I did use them.  I got more comments on this than I did on my banana bread which is the house favorite! 

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 Cup Wheat Flour
  • 4 tsps baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup raspberries (I used red that I had frozen)
  • Pear Sauce - I probably used about 1 cup - this is the last from two years ago that I had canned
  • 1 banana - I had them frozen and I mashed it
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsps. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup crushed walnuts if desired - I had no more left
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Combine first five ingredients.  Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. 
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.  Combine the dry with the wet ingredients.

Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.   - The first batch I made were a little too big, so big careful as they will spread and rise. 

Cook for 15 minutes.

No comments: