About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lessons and Carols

Yesterday afternoon, I attended my brother's church where his three daughters are in the children's choir.  They had a program called Lessons and Carols.  Nine Lessons (Bible readings) and Christmas carols sung by both the choir alone and then some with audience participation.  Of course, my nieces were wondeful....and my sister-in-law Kelly did one of the readings.  Some of the carols, I knew and some I had never heard of before, but were beautiful none the less.  There was both an Adult choir and a Children's choir and they sang together and then alone for different carols.

It was a very moving experience.  The Readings started with Genesis and ended with the Gospel of John (Kelly read from the Book of Micah) and it was both emotional and uplifting.  I like to do at least one thing during Advent that keeps me remembering that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

My sister in law Debbie and I wanted to clap after every carol, it was just so beautiful, but they stated at the beginning that it was a solemn ceremony and we couldn't clap  :(   - I just wanted to burst into applause!!!!!

Anyway, I had never heard of Lessons and Carols before....If anyone has the opportunity to attend this moving occasion at any church, please do so, you will be glad you did.

No comments: