About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Soap Making

My sister and I started our first annual tradition of soap making for gifts for the holidays......We followed a "recipe" and we think (we won't know for about a week), that we did it right and that it will come out good.  I will post pictures, once we know!!

I had purchased a set of essential oils in all different smells, so we "experimented".  I made a bigger batch of peppermint soap (for Christmas gift giving).  I hope it comes out well.  We also tried rosemary, citrus, eucalyptus, tea tree oil (which was the first batch that I made that came out really good!).

I will let you know how it comes out.

PS - working with lye was very scary.  That is the part that I really, really don't like!

PPS - it took us a little over two hours and we made about 22 bars????  (I will know definitely how many bars once we cut it - right now it is still in the molds).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones made by hand. Their special gifts because theres lots of love in them..

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'm sure they'll all be great, and everyone will be thrilled to receive them. And it's even nicer since you and your sister can now have a family tradition!

Enjoy a wonderful Christmas!