About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beet Cake Recipe

I have owed you this recipe.  See pictures here.  This recipe is really quite easy. 

1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Eggs
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla (I always use a full teaspoon of vanilla)
1-1/2 cups oil - I used Olive oil
2 Cups of Flour
3 Tbsp. of cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups of pureed beets (I used two cups  because that was what I had).


Mix together sugar, oil, and eggs.  Sift together the dry ingredients, then fold into the other mixture.  Add vanilla and beets and blend well.  I am sure you can put nuts in if you want too!  Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. 

I used a regular chocolate frosting that I had found on line.  Nothing fancy, just cocoa, confectioners sugar, butter and milk.  I don't remember exactly.

But it was really good!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the recipe, Maria. I don't usually have beets on hand, but I may make a special point of picking up a can when I shop next time.

Have a great weekend.

Cdetullio said...

Thanks Maria for passing along the recipe. I now have the bug to make the cake after inhaling the piece last weekend!!!

Maria said...

Catie,

So excited you left a message on the blog!!!!

Enjoy the recipe ladies!

Have a beautiful day!