About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It wasn't too bad...

Two inches of snow yesterday.

Two inches of ice today.

Me and the kids got the snow all shoveled last night, but the ice took all morning today.  We needed a LOT of salt to melt it, but I was able to come into work for 1:15.

The beet cake came out great...This is the beet puree (not too appetizing looking is it?)
The batter - nice and red!
Ready to be baked!
I made chocolate frosting and as you can see my son had the first piece! It tastes like chocolate...Although Dominic said you can taste that something is different, but you can't put your finger on it!
Looks just like Chocolate Cake!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That look's absolutely delicious, Maria. I would never have thought of using beets as a cake ingredient!

Maria said...

This cake is really good and moist and no one can tell what is in it. I had the beets left over in the cold room from my CSA. I will post the recipe this weekend.