About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, November 11, 2011

CSA - Fall Week #2


Fall Share:
 
1 butternut squash
1 other type of winter squash
1 brussel sprout stalk
2 lbs of potatoes
1 head of lettuce or bag of leaf lettuce/asian mix
1 bunch of radishes or salad turnips
1 lb of beets
1 bag of mixed cooking greens = (either kale, baby brussel sprout leaves, & collards or swiss chard & turnips)
 
 I'm hoping for another spaghetti squash and the swiss chard and turnip mixture of greens 

Last week, I ended up with two heads of cauliflower and two heads of lettuce.  Everything is now officially used up from last week as of this morning, with the last of the kale in my green smoothie (which is pink again because I add too many raspberries!) :)

I also received an extra small pumpkin last week which I have on the table with the other gourds as decorations until I have time to cook them!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Mmmmm, winter squash! I just made a creamy squash soup for this crisp weekend we're heading into.
You've got some great eating there!