About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Turkey

I got my turkey from Stone Gardens Farm again this year.  I asked Stacia for a 25 lb. turkey.  My sister was also making another turkey for our evening meal (or leftovers for everyone to take home).

When I got to Stone Gardens, Stacia said Maria, I had to give you a bigger turkey this year.  There were so many that were 30 lbs., so I upped your bird - I hope you don't mind.

Well, I got a 31 lb. turkey.  It was huge and heavy!

I should have taken some before and after pictures.  But here are the after pictures....I placed organic bacon on mine to give it more flavor!!!


The cover would not fit on my pan.  I had to use foil to cover the whole thing.  The bird was just too big!    It cooked for 10 hours and then I shut off the oven and it sat there for another two hours.  It was moist and delicious and it took both myself and my son to get it out of the pan.  It sort of fell apart though.  It was so perfectly cooked!  Next time, I'll need a rack to be able to get it out of the pan....on second thought, next time I'll ask for a 20 lb. bird and maybe get a 25 lb. turkey....so it will fit perfectly!

No comments: