About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Friends

Last week, Eva came home for an overnight visit to her Mom's, (Eva lives in Saratoga and sold me this house) so some of the girls got together.  Actually all of our "group" friends (except Christine)  made it out for dinner and/or drinks.  I had a meeting at the school, so I came a little later for the "drinks".   "Group" stands for Mental Health Group...we would get together every week (twenty-something years ago) and have our kids play together.  All of us were young, married and didn't have a clue what we were doing with kids and mortgages and/or apartments and marriage.  We clung to each other for dear life and support and we all did pretty well in the "children" dept.!!!!!

These are my dearest friends, whom I have known for many, many years.  I have been blessed with different groups of friends who have always been there for me through thick and thin....God knew I would always need the "girls" and He delivered.
 The picture above is Donna, Joannie and Andrea.  Donna is married to my first boyfriend (when I was in grammar school - HA!)  She is also Joannie's sister-in-law.  Joannie and I have been friends since I moved across the street from her when I was in second grade (40 years)!!  Andrea is my sister - I guess I've known her forever!!!
 This picture shows Theresa, Eva and Cindy.  Theresa is my youngest friend!  She and I have only known each other 22 years.  I met her through Eva when she came to our "group".   We all have a 22 year old!!!  Eva is my oldest friend.  Our parents have been friends forever, so her and I have known each other since I was four and she was five - that's how we roll in the Valley...friends for ever.  Cindy and I met in freshman year of high school (34 years ago).  She is my BFF and also my sixth cousin.  Yep, that's how we roll...

This the "group" without Christine!  She had to work that night...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like a wonderful and faithful support system. :)