About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cleaning

I am going to bare my soul....  :)

I cleaned yesterday and today.  To some, this is normal, everyday stuff.  To me, it is hell.  I am being honest when I say, I absolutely utterly abhor cleaning.  Yes, I can admit this.  I am a big girl and I hate to clean.

I CAN clean...at least I know how to clean...dusting, vacuuming, straightening.  The problem is that because I have literally no time in my life, I just hate to waste what precious little time I do have in cleaning.  I would rather be baking or cooking or gardening or ANYTHING but cleaning windows, washing the curtains for fall, dusting the baseboards, vacuuming behind the furniture.

I know I have to do it, so I do it when I can.  I wish I didn't have to work so much, so that maybe I could find time to do all this cleaning.  A long time ago, I gave up cleaning in order to take care of the kids when I wouldn't let my ex husband drive the kids anymore.  So for 10-12 years, cleaning has been the LAST thing that I HAD to do.  Everything else had to come first.  Now, I think it may be too late for me, to ever WANT to clean again.  There is just too much and so much else to do.......

Oh well. 

No comments: