About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, October 1, 2010

More updates....

I feel like all I've been giving is updates, but I have been swamped with so many things....(hence the name of the blog :)  )

Update on Nonni - she is doing well.  I "sat" for her this week twice and she was doing very well.  She still needs help to walk which is fine, but she is doing awesome with her memory/brain function (She can do seek-a-word puzzles better than most).  She knew my name (always very important!!).  She watched the Yankee game and Dancing with the Stars and everyone who has been "sitting" for her says she is doing great!!  I am hoping in a couple of more weeks to take her back to church! 

CSA Today:
6 ears of corn (yes, more corn cob jelly coming up...you have to try this! - remind me to give you a 1/2 pint)
1 Zucchini
2 Yellow Squash
3 Cucumbers
2 Turnips
4 Tomatoes
1/2 lb of string beans
1 Dozen eggs (but I switched it out and got another 1-1/2 lbs of string beans - more for the freezer - we will be eating a lot of string beans this winter)
2 heads of green leaf lettuce

Work is going well, I am busy, so that is always good!  Teaching Zumba four nights a week plus all my other jobs, so I'm not complaining as I know others who still don't have a job. 

Lots and lots of rain here in the northeast - the chicken coop looked like a pond this morning - it is time to move it to a grassier area of the lawn (although, I am seriously thinking about getting a new coop for the winter)! 

Cleaned the kitchen this week - really cleaned it - it was quite bad!!!!  Next project is the attic - I need to throw away stuff I have been saving since my kids were in library school  - they were two and three years old (so for almost twenty years I have been saving this stuff)......With the change of weather, comes the change in wardrobe, so I need to take down my winter clothes and start looking for some new things.  It is fall.......time to cleanse and simplify!

Dad is doing okay - just the normal fatigue that comes 24 -72 hours after a big chemo treatment.  There is a walk for cancer this Saturday morning at the local hospital.  I'll be there right after Zumba.

Going to watch my nephew play football this weekend - it should be fun! 

I still have tons of green tomatoes in the garden - they don't seem to be turning red.....
I'll be picking peas this week, too. 

My daughter was invited to the local high school formal dance at the end of November.  She is searching for a dress now on the internet.  I'll be in dress-finding mode in a few weeks.....

My fried chicken from last weekend came out wonderful - thank you Nonni in heaven for the recipe!  I hadn't had it in years.  Local chicken from the CSA....so nice!  

While I've been "sitting" for Nonni and watching TV with her, I've taken up crocheting again.  I should be done with one afghan for my nephew for Christmas within the next two weeks or so.  (hopefully).  I would really like to get another one done by Christmas but I'm not pushing it.  I did find another project that I would like to try to make for Christmas gifts this year.  (last year it was the aprons)  I'll let you know when I get a better handle on what this project entails!

That is enough for today - I will try to stay more current this weekend!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

My goodness, you have been VERY busy!!!

Glad to hear your Nonni is doing better. The body naturally gets weak but it's great that she has a clear mind.

It must be satisfying to have such a large project almost finished in time for Christmas. And I'm sure it will be much appreciated and loved.