About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CSA Week #3, 2011

Here is what we are getting this week (Catie - if you want it to be a surprise, please don't read any farther!)

They are also giving us strawberries from Jones Farm.......



Full Share:
1 bunch of green onions
1 Large Bok Choy
1 bunch toscano kale
2 bunches curly kale
1 bunch swiss chard
2 bunches of radishes
4 kohlrabi
1/2 lb bag leaf lettuce mix
1 lb bag asian/braising mix
1 head red deer tongue
2 heads red leaf lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
1 head buttercrunch or green leaf lettuce
1 2 inch herb (sage, oregano, or thyme)

I'm hoping for thyme because I have the other two herbs already.  My sister is getting the strawberries this week.  We are eating a lot of salads, so we are using it up, but it is a lot of greens.  Thank goodness for par-cooking and freezing!  I will have enough greens in the freezer again to last a long while! I will post my Kale/Bean Soup this week.  I thought I had it in the recipe section but it is not there, so it will be up, hopefully by Friday!
  

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Berry Time! :)

I'd like your soup recipe - I'll be at the farmers market on Saturday to pick up some kale.
You've got a great variety this week. It keeps the salads interesting :)

Catie said...

Thanks for the warning Maria but I've broken down and now read the emails so I have an idea of what's coming. And we are in quite the midst of the leafy green season!!!