About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, June 17, 2011

Repost of Bean/Kale Soup

Reposted from August, 2010

So, I went on the internet and this is what I found. But I changed it up a bit......

At least a quarter cup of olive oil - maybe a little more.
I used four cloves of garlic (large) (CSA)
1 Large onion (CSA)
3 Cups of chopped kale (CSA)
2 -1/2 quarts of vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you have it)
2 cans of beans - cannellini (I use the white beans, but if you have a preference, use them)
Two very large, very ripe tomatoes, chopped(CSA)
2 tsps basil, parsley
Salt and pepper.



In a soup pot, put oil and garlic and onion. Saute until soft.
Add Kale and continue to saute.
Add the vegetable broth, 2 cups of beans and all the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer for about 1/2 hour (the original recipe said 5 minutes??)

Then take the rest of the beans and put them in a large mortar and pestle and smash them into a paste and add that to the soup to thicken. The recipe says to simmer for 15 minutes more. I let mine cook for 1-1/2 hours more.
It was delicious!!!!!!

No comments: